Careers with McCord Engineering, Inc.
Our commitment to excellence is at the core of everything we do, and we need motivated, talented, and experienced people to support our organization.
McCord Engineering Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
How do I apply?
Search through our available positions and decide which one is right for you. The first step is applying online. We will be in touch shortly to confirm the receipt of your application and then determine how to best move forward in selecting the right applicant for the job.
Click here to download an Application Form.
Job Summary Immediate opening in College Station Texas. Surveying, staking, and designing electrical distribution power lines (typically 12 kV to 25 kV lines). Experience with NESC, GIS mapping, 811 locates, RTK survey equipment, framing units, construction practices, AutoCAD drafting, field notes, and staking sheets desired, but not required. Willing to train a candidate that has a good work ethic. Must be able to perform physical labor and have a valid driver’s license. Please E-mail Resume to: email@example.com Examples of Duties:
- Perform field work to gather the inventory of existing distribution power lines, and then apply that information in an office setting to determine routing and the ultimate design of the distribution power lines.
- Prepare drawings and documentation for the construction of distribution line projects.
- Prepare concrete pole drilling guides.
- Prepare construction staking sheets.
- Prepare plan and profile drawings for design and permits.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Be able to use Microsoft Office and have basic computer skills
- Be able to travel 70% of the time in the field
- Self-motivated individual with good communication skills
- Staking experience preferred, but not required.
- High School Diploma
|Job Category||Power Line Field Designer|
- Create electric distribution electric layouts in ACAD for new residential and commercial development projects.
- Coordinate with developers/engineers/project managers/clients to create deliverable packages to fit the clients’ needs
- Collaborate with team members to improve processes and workflow
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Dependable, trustworthy, and have excellent communication skills.
- Willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a high standard for data quality and accuracy. Job entails 100% computer designing and data modeling.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Drafting (AutoCAD) experience preferred.
- General knowledge of MS Office Suite software is required.
|Job Category||Designer/Drafting Technician|
Job SummaryMcCord Engineering, Inc. (MEI) is always seeking for qualified candidates to add to our team. Please apply here if you are interested in joining the MEI team.
|Job Category||General Engineering|
916 Southwest Parkway East
College Station, TX 77840
What Our Clients Have to Say…